Thursday, September 18, 2008

linux so obsolete

Payday. End up upgrading the main computer. Well only means I will be using the former main computer in my room. I'm such accustomed to PClinuxos. They say it takes a scientist to run one but I beg to differ. Anyways, since I got the former main computer. I tried to install Pclinuxos, got one of those "cant mount livecd" error msg. Tried the acpi=off, linux all-generic-ide + irqpoll still cant install . So begins my Hunt for the next OS. Tried Zenwalk amongst others. Reminds me of ubuntu 5.10.hahahaha. After 3 hours of Zenwallking. I erase my whole disk.

Then comes Opensuse. I prefer KDE over gnome. I dunno, it just looks clean. Installing was one heck of a challenge. Before I forgot Im running P3, 1ghz, almost 500mb of memory and 128 mb of video power. Funny how it installs well. But after the initial restart it got stuck. After installing it again. I tried to unhook the cdrom and the second hard disk. works.

Then comes the hardest part hooking up the second hard disk on the ide2. no matter how I set it up. Either master,slave or cable select it always take a lot of time for the pc to boot up till start up. At 2:30 minutes after choosing opensuse on lilo it only says "fall back to dev/sda6". If you say no it fucks up and if you say yes, You got to wait another 2 minutes or so to finally see the main desktop.

No comments: